Thursday, September 3, 2015

Killing Sugar Addiction One Person at a Time

I love love love love Chalene Johnson. She  is a beachbody instructor, but now, I see her moving away from the Beachbody brand, and really just saying she's an internet and marketing coach. Trying to help people improve on their network marketing skills. ANYWAY.... lol

I LOVE HER.

She's funny, she's personable, that's why she is successful. I subscribe to most of her stuff, and she posted this the other day. Cutting and pasting here;

Today, I want to talk to you about how to gain self-esteem and its connection to losing weight. Now, I don’t think it’s any surprise to realize that, that the respect we have for ourselves is closely tied to how we treat ourselves, how we treat our bodies, and how we allow others to treat us in relationships. A great way to gain self-esteem, is to act and respond to situations in a respectful way. You make the effort to make the right choice. Not just because people are watching, not just because someone might find out, but because it gives you pride… but because inside you’re proud of the decision you’ve made. You didn’t take the easy route. You took the right route. It’s not always complicated, but it is sometimes difficult.
 Often times, people, they take the easy route and that’s how they end up ten pounds overweight, twenty pounds, fifty, a hundred. That’s how people end up divorced. That’s how people end up with children with major problems in terms of behavior, because of taking the easy route when the child cries and throws a tantrum.  It’s much easier to say, “Okay, fine, here, we’ll do this.” It’s sometimes more difficult to do what’s right. But, in the long run, you will have more respect. You’ll have more respect for your body, for your relationships and all the other areas of your life.
 In order to improve your self-esteem and respect yourself, you’ve got to make the right decision, whether people are watching or not. You’ve got to feel good about what you’ve done and the choice that you’ve made, whether it’s the decision to go exercise, the decision to eat right, the decision to engage in negative addictions or poor behavior choices. The decision to hang out with the right people to do what’s difficult, to do what’s challenging, but to do what you know is right.
 Each time you do that, you build self-esteem. As you continue to build that self-esteem, It becomes easier and easier because it becomes a habit. Making those right decisions, doing what you know you have pride for, is a habit and that habit will build upon itself. You’ll feel your esteem grow. You’ll feel your self-respect grow. You’ll feel yourself actually having an easier time with making those difficult decisions. Believe it or not that’s going to help you with your journey to lose weight or maintain the weight loss. Make the right decision… I know you can do absolutely anything! I say it every week and I mean it! It does take thought, it does take stopping yourself and realizing I’m worth it, I need to respect myself, I need to make the right decision for me. I deserve this!

EVERYTIME you do this for yourself, you build SELF ESTEEM. Okay, I never really thought I lacked self esteem. I totally believe this is true however, I used to completely JUDGE people who ate healthy. THEY ARE SO DUMB! They need to live a little! UGH! They are NO FUN! That was me, I said those words. 
The reason why I said those words, is because my body was BROKEN, and I did not have the power to FIX IT. So I was JEALOUS! I am here to tell you, I have had sugar since I have been on Isagenix. And I will probably never not have sugar. I just love it too much, But, I eat much much much much less, than I used to. Actually it isn't even comparable. Because I was always chasing that sugar fix to keep me going. Here's the difference. I don't CRAVE it anymore. I just don't! It doesn't have the same effect/or reward on me anymore! It is POWERLESS.  Why? Because I have healed my body to work properly. I was stuck, in a gigantic cycle of eat sugar! CRASH! Feel okay, CRASH, eat SUGAR! CRASH. It was U.G.L.Y. 
I never ever ever in a million years thought I would be the one who was trying to stay away from sugar because it made me feel worse. Or because I don't want to dive into the cycle. NEVER! Ask anyone who knows me. That was NEVER EVER EVER ME. I was always the first one to a sugar party! FOR SURE. But I have found in healing my body that I would rather NOT start that cycle again. I was just texting with someone today. And this is when I realized that I am changing people one sugar addiction at a time.

Bye Bye sugar addiction! Don't believe me? TRY IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment