Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Something to Try

I have been reading The Enlightened Homemaker for at least 3 years now. Since our move to AZ. I relied on her HEAVILY with my introduction to the world of Autism here in AZ. I was inspired by her ability to care for the needs of her family in such and essential way. She is like a health food GURU.

Her wealth of knowledge is completely inspiring/amazing. I would never profess to know as much as she knows, and that is why I read her blog. Kinda like cliff notes. She does all the research, I get all the benefits.

Now, trust me when I say that her blog will change your life forever, so, if you visit, be careful. She is persuasive and radical. But I know that all the changes I implement because of her are for the better. Not to say that I do them all, because I don't. But we all really really should.

She is the queen of GLUTEN FREE, and I depended on her heavily when I was doing the GFCF diet with Jaxon. We did not get the results that we wanted from the diet, but I still use some of the tips and tricks I learned from when I was doing the diet with Jaxon that I feel brought a stronger sense of "healthy" into our home.

She posted this today about a yummy breakfast idea. I am trying to move away from cold cereal for my kids because of the sugar content. Yep. See, I told ya. . . RADICAL. We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day (no, it is NOT a wives tale) and I feel like if I can do ONE thing to help Jaxon focus for the day, that is it. Feed him well before I send him to school.

I do scrambled eggs one day and home made whole wheat toast one day. Whole wheat Oatmeal Pancakes another day, and I think I am going to be trying THIS recipe tomorrow. Just take a look. Who doesn't like PIE for breakfast.




Baked Apple Wedges

No comments:

Post a Comment